- To make an appointment you can either telephone one of our three surgeries or come in personally and speak to a receptionist during opening hours.
- Our aim is for all our patients to have access to a doctor within 48 hours and to a healthcare professional (nurse or healthcare assistant) within 24 hours but this inevitably varies, especially in Winter.
- Our Practice reserves appointments on the day for those patients who are seeking urgent medical care. Should you wish to make an appointment on the day please call one of our surgeries at:
8.00am, Monday – Friday
at The Old School Surgery, Kibworth on 0116 279 2422
8.00 am Monday – Friday
at The Two Shires Surgery, Market Harborough on 01858 434523
8.20 am Monday – Friday
at The Fleckney Surgery, Fleckney on 0116 2404462.
- If you require a routine appointment, we would kindly request that appointments are not requested for on a Monday as this is our busiest day of the week.
- For the convenience of patients who commute a long distance to work we have made available pre-bookable morning appointments that are released one week in advance.
- All our receptionists are bound by the strictest rules. It can be very helpful if you can give a brief description to one of receptionists of your problem so we can ensure you are seen by the most appropriate person.
Flu Programme 2010
Click here to download details of our 2010 Flu Programme.
Choose And Book
Choose and Book is a national electronic referral service which gives patients a choice of place, date and time for their first outpatient appointment in a hospital or clinic. If you want to, you can choose where you go for your first consultation by comparing the hospitals you have been shortlisted at. Find out what Choose and Book is, why it's important, and how you can use it.
- Please arrive promptly for your appointment; the receptionist will inform you of any delays.
- Those who arrive late for their appointments are responsible for most waits. We do attempt to see late arrivals but would ask anyone missing their appointment by more than 10 minutes to book another unless unwell.
- Please inform us if you cannot keep an appointment so it can be allocated to another patient. This appointment can then be re-used and help keep our waiting times down.
- Our Practice follows a strict policy on patients who do not turn up for their appointments. On the second occasion you fail to turn up for your appointment a ‘warning letter’ will be sent out to you to remind you of our Practice policy. Following this should a third occasion happen the Practice has the right to remove you from our patient list.
Teaching within the Practice
We believe we should pass our skills to others and also be prepared to learn from them and keep up to date.
Senior medical students from Universities visit during the year.
We will notify you if there is a training session with your doctor by displaying a notice on reception. If you do not want another person present during your consultation, please notify the reception. Do not be afraid to refuse.
Occasionally, the use of video is made during consultations as an aid to training and learning. You will always be given an information leaflet and consent form, and the receptionist will explain the procedure to you. A recording will not be undertaken without a patient’s consent and intimate or physical examinations will not be recorded. The camera will be switched off on request.
If you are accompanied by a friend or relative during the consultation, you are advised that they are there at your invitation and will also be informed of their right of confidentiality and consent. You will be asked to sign a post-consultation form after seeing your doctor and if you are still agreeable for the recording of the consultation to remain on tape. You are offered a chance to view the recording, in the form in which it is intended to be shown and have the right to withdraw consent to the use of the recording at that stage.
Home | Practice Team | Opening Hours | Appointments | New Patients | How Can We Help? | Dispensary
Surveys | Private Fees | Common Illnesses | Travel Advice | Useful Numbers | Explanations | Health Information
This website was designed and built by Yellow Creative Ltd as a GP Websites service.
Copyright © 2008 Yellow Creative Ltd. All rights reserved